Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mimi's Day 2012 (Part 1)

Hope you had a lovely mother's day! Jellybean calls me 'mimi'. To be precise- it's always 'meeee-mi'. Hence, this post name.

At the end of last year, I started Partybaby. For those who don't know, I design invites, decor and other party stuff. Before Partybaby, I designed a few wedding invites, basic logos and made cards. Throughout all these years, I never got such a unique order as this one:-

This client showed up a day before mother's day and was very precise on what he wanted. He requested a unique mother's day card, specified the wordings and even chose his papers-colour scheme for me to work with. While I was designing his card, he was anxiously waiting just next to me- which made me VERY nervous.

I wondered whether he'd like the end product. Usually, customers with special details are more specific with their designs. Making handmade cards for such customers are...well....risky. Because of his urgent request, there wasn't much time to brain storm, nor really do a draft of the design. I knew it was a do-and-go project, one with no changing, no going back. I was just simply- screwed if it went wrong.

He was a nice man though, he asked for a quotation and agreed on the spot- despite the higher fee. He was quiet throughout the hour, just observing though not intruding- which made me more nervous.

So a while later, I came up with this...


...stay tuned....

5 comments:

  1. Nice! Was this man Charles? Haha.
    Or How Earn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was smart of him! And your talents never cease to amaze me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha you guys are too funny!! This would have taken me a half to a full day to do! =P you're soo good!
    -han

    ReplyDelete